I ended up going out with friends for my birthday toward the end of the month. What I was really celebrating were the relationships. Manny and I also took the boys to Levi's Stadium and the 49ers Museum in between the Super Bowl and World Cup. It was a great experience to me, although no one else was really on board with my taking silly pictures. I may be old now, but I still am a kid at heart, or at least part of my heart. It may also surprise some that I'm the main American football fan in the family. I don't have a true favorite NFL team, but Jerry Rice is on my goat list. We also continued with Lucas's sports class doing track and field with a professional coach followed sometimes by a student-led game of kickball. It turned out to be a great February. On to March!
Monday, September 07, 2026
February 2026 part 3 (Levi's Stadium and 49ers Museum, Birthday Dinners, Lucas Sports Class)
We came to the same restaurant for my 40th birthday. It's gotten so expensive for the portions, though. We don't think we will be back.
Escargot. Yes, we had snails. Not my favorite, but not as gross as it may sound.
I'm a big fan.
I'm going in for a hug but I think he's going in for a tackle. My family thinks I'm ridiculous.
They receivers often jump several feet in the air. This was above my head.
Manny on the bench.
Isaac rarely smiles in photos. It was a windy day, but nice and sunny for February.
We ate in seats overlooking the stadium. I've actually been in the VIP area (top left) before--to get my Covid shot.
Physical fitness at the track (Lucas in the middle)
All the families gathering for intro and warmups. We usually have a smaller group in the winter months, but with the professional coach combining everyone was more organized this year.
With my vegan friend at a nice vegan restaurant and my vegan birthday dessert. I love vegan food, but I still rely on meat for protein.
I had a delicious tofu curry bowl, and my friend had a plant-based burger.
Birthday with old church friends at Pacific Catch. One of them can't eat gluten, and there's good GF options here. They also accommodate her disabilities. I always feel satisfied with my meal there.
I like finding faces in nature. This looks like Yosemite Sam or an old bearded face from a Disney cartoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
April 2026 (Naomi's birthday, Michael, dinner dates, Frenchie puppies, Artemis launch)
Naomi had her big milestone birthday in April, and we got to make up for our Hello Kitty Cafe celebration for my birthday by celebrating her...
-
Ok, so I see that it was a love/hate ending for a lot of fans, as expected. I would probably give it an 8 for story, 9 for execution. [Edi...
-
Have someone coming over tonight, so this is going to be pretty choppy. Someone pointed out that Dr. Chang, whom we knew worked at the Nat...
-
I can see why this episode left many fans disappointed, but I had no expectations and personally thought it was pretty interesting (but like...
No comments:
Post a Comment