Two things you might notice--we don't do things as a complete family as much anymore, and at the same time, Manny and I go out more often. It's more challenging to align schedules, with the kids getting older. At the same time, Manny and I are more able to get out together more now. We're of course also going out alone to have some quality time. We had Peruvian food for the first time together (I've had it maybe two or three times before way back in college), and then Mediterranean which we have often together.
Our pastor has been a big part of our healing journey. He and his wife suggested we go on a double date, so we went to a nearby Chinese restaurant. He said later that he had wanted to try out my "go-to" Taiwanese place if I had one. I did, and I was about to suggest it for next time, only to find out that after 28 years of going there, it has closed. I'm really bummed about it! I took my mom and aunts there, college friends, of course went as a family, but alas, it is no more. Anyway it was a good time, but I find that I open up fairly easily to him and his wife, and I probably said a lot without time for context.
This year is a big one for blockbuster releases. Included in that was Project Hail Mary, based on the book. I'd read it last year, or listened to the audiobook actually, because I seldom can sit down and read without interruption. I had also read The Martian by the same author, which you probably know was adapted into a movie starring Matt Damon. This one starred Ryan Gosling. I really liked the movie. Sci-fi is one of my favorite genres. Certain scenes were well worth watching on the big screen. I cried during certain parts of the book and then during those same parts in the movie, so I guess the plot and heart of the novel translated well.
Manny and Lucas participated in the Walk For Life fundraiser again this year. I usually stay home with Isaac. Raising money for crisis pregnancy centers is not about politics for us (and shouldn't be), but about raising funding for women who need or want prenatal and postnatal care and providing options for them that won't come down to money or hardship.
The big deal for March was that Isaac became a teenager! There's a lot I want to say, but I'm trying to be more mindful of the kids' privacy. I will say the eating program has been working, and he started wanting to build a PC (but still hasn't completed buying the parts yet). He wanted a black and white chocolate drip cake. I thought about attempting the drip icing, something I've never done before, but decided to just buy the cake in the end. Naomi came home for the weekend, and we all went to Olive Garden to celebrate. The waiter folded origami gifts for us, which was sweet. They went to Isaac for his birthday.
Lucas and Manny at Walk For Life
Out for Peruvian food after church
For some reason it won't let me upload the photo of us with our pastor and his wife at the Korean bakery, so here's our wonton soup from the Korean-Chinese restaurant lol
For Pi Day I wanted a small wild blueberry pie, but only found a frozen gluten free one, which wasn't bad.
Mediterranean food with Manny
Coach sleeping on Pluto
Birthday berry shake for Isaac
Squeezed into a smaller table at Olive Garden
paper swan and I think a cat
Huge drip cake
Birthday boy
Movie date
Had some okay beef noodle soup after the movie

No comments:
Post a Comment